When someone struggles with addiction, it can be intimidating or overwhelming to reach out for help. However, when people enroll in an addiction treatment program supervised by an experienced team of professionals, they increase their chances of maintaining genuine, long-lasting recovery. Depending on the severity of the addiction, an intensive outpatient program might be the right choice.
At Lighthouse Recovery Institute, our intensive outpatient program in Boynton Beach, FL, gives people the tools they need to embrace recovery. If you or someone you care about is ready to overcome addiction, reach out to our Lighthouse Recovery Institute team today by calling 866.308.2090 or completing our online form to learn more about our addiction treatment programs.
What Is an Intensive Outpatient Program?
An intensive outpatient program is crucial for patients who complete inpatient drug rehab or partial hospitalization programming with an addiction treatment center. Patients at this level of care balance structured accountability and increased freedom to work, volunteer, and time with their sober support networks.
Individuals stay at home or in sober living residences in an IOP. They leave the property and engage in their daily lives independently while still respecting a curfew and structured scheduling. This level of care is not appropriate for individuals who are still experiencing post-acute withdrawal symptoms and need medical detox. While in a drug and alcohol treatment program, individuals develop sober support networks, begin seeking employment, or fulfill education commitments.
What to Expect During Intensive Outpatient Treatment
IOPs are an essential aspect of care for people seeking help overcoming addiction. Addiction is a complicated and often misunderstood disorder. Quality intensive outpatient treatment requires a comprehensive and compassionate team-based approach. Each person’s length of stay is individualized to best suit their specific needs and their one-of-a-kind treatment plan. People often have family or work commitments that prevent them from entering full-time care. They can’t leave their lives behind for an extended period of time. For these people, IOPs are often the best choice. They still get intensive treatment, but they can reside at home.
Benefits of an IOP at Lighthouse Recovery Institute
At Lighthouse Recovery Institute, our South Florida treatment facility offers different types of addiction treatment options. The intensive outpatient program provides a support system that allows our patients to receive mental health treatment. In addition, it includes cognitive-behavioral therapies proven to treat substance use disorders.
At this level of care, patients live at home and visit our treatment center to receive health services to treat their addiction. Other benefits of our IOP include:
- Personalized approach – Our outpatient treatment plans follow a customized approach that caters to your individual needs.
- Flexible schedule – Enjoy the flexibility of an outpatient program with the structure of inpatient programs.
- Group therapy – Through intensive outpatient programs, you have the opportunity to participate in group therapy sessions to build a sense of community that promotes recovery.
- Individual therapy – In individual therapy sessions, patients often dig deeper into the work done in group therapy, allowing them to spend more time on individual issues.
- Support groups – A significant part of the intensive outpatient program is spent learning coping mechanisms and life skills necessary to maintain sobriety after treatment in a support group environment.
- Dual diagnosis – Dual diagnosis treatment programs are appropriate for individuals struggling with co-occurring mental disorders because they provide evidence-based treatment services for mental health and co-occurring issues.