What To Pack for Drug Rehab
Call one of our admissions coordinators to help you find a detox or rehab facility today.
Call us now 866-308-2090 to get help today!
You are getting ready to go to drug and alcohol rehab, and the transition can be stressful. The idea of packing should not be a source for additional pressure. We have organized a checklist for you to get everything you should bring along with you and what you should leave behind.
What to bring with you to drug and alcohol rehabClothing
- A full week’s worth of clothing
- Slacks or neat jeans and capris
- Knee length skirts or dresses
- T-Shirts or Polo’s, Blouses are allowed. No halter tops.
- Walking Shorts – Please no cut-offs or short shorts.
- Pajamas for sleep attire
- Nice outfits for visitors or special occasions
- Gym Clothing
- Shoes that you are comfortable in:
- Sneakers for outdoor activities
- Flip-flops or sandals for the beach
- Swimming attire
- Swim Suits
- Beach Towel
- Sweater or Jacket
- Shampoo/ Conditioner/ Hair Product
- Hair Spray
- Hair Brush/ Hair Dryer
- Form of ID
- Insurance Card including prescription card
- Something to pay for items such as checkbook, debit card, and credit card
- Medications you have been prescribed, in their original bottle. It is helpful to bring a list of your prescribed medications and the dosages of each.
- Smokers: recommended bringing a carton or two. Cigarettes may be purchased off property
- Hats and sunglasses are permitted but not while in group meetings
- Music devices are allowed except for those containing Wi-Fi or cameras (PHP admits only)
- Books, Notebook, Journal, Sketchbook, knitting
Please note that individuals enrolling into Intensive Outpatient Programming can have electronic devices.What Not to Bring
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Cosmetics or cleaning supplies with alcohol
- Weapons or sharp objects
- Hair Color