Prepare for the first step to recovery and review what to pack for a stay at a drug and alcohol rehab facility.
You are getting ready to go to drug and alcohol rehab, and the transition can be stressful. The idea of packing should not be a source of additional pressure. We have organized a checklist to get everything you should bring along with you and what you should leave behind. Here are some tips and suggestions on what to bring to rehab.
What To Bring With You To Rehab:
- A full week’s worth of clothing
- Slacks or neat jeans and capris
- Knee-length skirts or dresses
- T-Shirts or Polo’s, Blouses are allowed. No halter tops.
- Walking Shorts – Please no cut-offs or short shorts.
- Pajamas for sleep attire
- Nice outfits for visitors or special occasions
- Gym Clothing
- Shoes that you are comfortable in:
- Sneakers for outdoor activities
- Flip-flops or sandals for the beach
- Swimming attire
- Swim Suits
- Beach Towel
- Sweater or Jacket
- Shampoo/ Conditioner/ Hair Product
- Hair Spray
- Hair Brush/ Hair Dryer
- Form of ID
- Insurance Card including prescription card
- Something to pay for items such as a checkbook, debit card, and credit card
- Bring all prescribed medications in their original bottle. It is helpful to bring a list of your prescribed medications and the dosages of each.
- Smokers: recommended bringing a carton or two. Additional nicotine products such as vapes or cigarettes are available for purchase during your stay in addiction treatment.
- Hats and sunglasses are permitted but not while in group meetings
- Music devices are allowed except for those containing Wi-Fi or cameras (PHP admits only)
- Books, Notebook, Journal, Sketchbook, knitting
Please note that individuals enrolling in Intensive Outpatient Programming can have electronic devices.
What Not To Bring To Rehab:
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Cosmetics or cleaning supplies with alcohol
- Weapons or sharp objects
- Hair Color