What To Pack for Drug Rehab
Call one of our admissions coordinators to help you find a detox or rehab facility today.
Call us to get help today!
You are getting ready to go to drug and alcohol rehab, and the transition can be stressful. The idea of packing should not be a source for additional pressure. We have organized a checklist for you to get everything you should bring along with you and what you should leave behind.
What to bring with you to drug and alcohol rehabClothing
- A full week’s worth of clothing
- Slacks or neat jeans and capris
- Knee length skirts or dresses
- T-Shirts or Polo’s, Blouses are allowed. No halter tops.
- Walking Shorts – Please no cut-offs or short shorts.
- Pajamas for sleep attire
- Nice outfits for visitors or special occasions
- Gym Clothing
- Shoes that you are comfortable in:
- Sneakers for outdoor activities
- Flip-flops or sandals for the beach
- Swimming attire
- Swim Suits
- Beach Towel
- Sweater or Jacket
- Shampoo/ Conditioner/ Hair Product
- Hair Spray
- Hair Brush/ Hair Dryer
- Form of ID
- Insurance Card including prescription card
- Something to pay for items such as checkbook, debit card, and credit card
- Medications you have been prescribed, in their original bottle. It is helpful to bring a list of your prescribed medications and the dosages of each.
- Smokers: recommended bringing a carton or two. Cigarettes may be purchased off property
- Hats and sunglasses are permitted but not while in group meetings
- Music devices are allowed except for those containing Wi-Fi or cameras (PHP admits only)
- Books, Notebook, Journal, Sketchbook, knitting
Please note that individuals enrolling into Intensive Outpatient Programming can have electronic devices.What Not to Bring
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Cosmetics or cleaning supplies with alcohol
- Weapons or sharp objects
- Hair Color