Xanax addiction affects people across the country from all walks of life. Most people who struggle with Xanax addiction will need a treatment program in a professional rehab center to overcome this condition.
At Lighthouse Recovery Institute in Boynton Beach, Florida, our team proudly provides a Xanax addiction treatment program for those ready to embrace recovery. When you or someone you care about is willing to reach out for help, contact our team today by calling 866.308.2090 or completing our online contact form. Our Lighthouse Recovery Institute team wants to give you all of the information about our drug and alcohol addiction treatment programs so that you know exactly what to expect.
What Is Xanax?
Xanax comes from the benzodiazepines family, and it’s the brand name for alprazolam. Similar to benzos, it works to suppress the central nervous system. The FDA approved its use for anxiety disorders and panic disorders in 1981. Most doctors prescribe Xanax for medical purposes, such as to treat anxiety in the short term.
It works by interacting with neurotransmitters that inhibit brain activity, which helps keep anxiety at bay. Xanax is a fast-acting benzodiazepine, and people experience its benefits as quickly as an hour after taking it. Unfortunately, the effects of Xanax can be highly addictive, even when someone takes it as directed, so virtually anyone can fall for Xanax addiction.
How Xanax Addiction Can Develop
Individuals who have taken Xanax for an extensive amount of time may increase their tolerance for the drug. When Xanax tolerance grows, the body needs a larger dose or an increased frequency of use to achieve the same or similar effect.
The incremental increase in doses can ultimately cause chemical dependency on the substance. This process of tolerance development is identical to other prescribed medications such as:
Individuals who tend to take more than their prescribed dose, take the medication without a prescription, use it recreationally, or chase the sedating, relaxing effects of the drug are at risk of developing a Xanax addiction.
Identifying Xanax Addiction
The problem with substances like Xanax is that they create dependence. Over time, your body develops a physical dependence on the drug. When someone becomes dependent on a substance, they need more and more of that substance to achieve the same effect. At this stage, they’ll experience some mental and physical withdrawal symptoms when they stop taking the drug.
Some signs of Xanax addiction you can notice include:
- Mood changes
- Behavioral changes
- Physical changes
- Health issues, such as nausea, vomiting, or headaches
- Performance changes at work or school
- Financial difficulties
Xanax Addiction Treatment Program Options
Xanax isn’t the longest-acting benzodiazepine, but it isn’t the shortest either. Even if you don’t feel the effects of Xanax, that doesn’t mean it isn’t detectable in your system. When someone stops taking Xanax abruptly, it can experience withdrawal symptoms. Because of this, the best and safest way to get Xanax out of your system is through benzo medical detox.
Anyone who chooses to quit Xanax needs to find the right support system to prevent withdrawal symptoms. Thus, finding a partial hospitalization program (PHP) that monitors the Xanax detox process is paramount under controlled and medical supervision. In the end, the right treatment program will depend on your unique symptoms and needs.
Treatment options at Lighthouse Recovery Institute include:
- Medical detox
- Inpatient treatment
- Outpatient treatment
- Long-term addiction treatment
- Dual diagnosis treatment
Benefits of Xanax Addiction Treatment
Once someone decides to enter into our Xanax addiction treatment program in Boynton Beach, Florida, our Lighthouse Recovery Institute team treats them with the respect and dignity they deserve. This high level of care is one of the many benefits of our Xanax addiction treatment program.
Other benefits of our treatment for prescription drug abuse include:
- Customized treatment plans for each client – We use the most up-to-date scientific methods to assess and treat patients for Xanax addiction or prescription drug abuse within our program, including detailed mental health assessments and testing to determine an individual’s unique needs. Our team will develop a customized treatment plan that addresses your specific issues to ensure a thorough and successful recovery.
- Social support during and after treatment – We believe that one of the most important aspects of our Xanax addiction treatment program is building a strong social network, both inside and outside of the facility walls. Our inpatient drug rehab programs allow patients to create bonds with each other and the staff members who work on our team.
- Access to and involvement in group counseling sessions – The best way to overcome prescription drug addiction is by learning from others who have gone through the same struggles. Our staff leads group discussions based on topics introduced in our weekly lectures, which allows patients to openly discuss their feelings and experiences with prescription drug abuse or Xanax addiction.
EXPLORE XANAX ADDICTION TREATMENT AT LIGHTHOUSE RECOVERY INSTITUTE
At Lighthouse Recovery Institute, our team understands that Xanax addiction is a disease that needs to be treated in order to improve. That’s why our Xanax addiction treatment program provides comprehensive care so people can enhance their quality of life. Reach out to our Lighthouse Recovery Institute team today by calling 866.308.2090 or filling out our online form.