Written By: Fiona Stockard
MDMA Addiction Facts and Statistics
MDMA addiction facts are often heavily skewed to demonize the drug. While MDMA is by no means a safe chemical, it isn’t nearly as harmful as the media portrays it to be. MDMA addiction statistics prove this.
So, what are the true MDMA addiction facts? Let’s find out.
MDMA Addiction Facts
Find six MDMA addiction facts below:
• Molly is the street name of supposedly pure MDMA.
• However, MDMA in any form is rarely pure. Common chemicals sold as MDMA include: amphetamine, caffeine, ephedrine, mephedrone (better known as bath salts), and piperazine.
• German soldiers used MDMA and meth in World War II. It gave them energy and the ability to march for long periods of time.
• During the 1950’s, MDMA was used in the government’s MKUltra experiments.
• Most MDMA “overdoses” aren’t a result of MDMA itself, but of the behavior it produces in users. MDMA gives users a ton of energy. When used in a festival setting, this causes them to dance for hours. This leads to dehydration, exhaustion, and hyperthermia.
• In 2004, the first legal study of MDMA’s therapeutic potential was held. It examined using MDMA to treat PTSD. Following the trail, participants’ PTSD symptoms were reduced for more than three years.
[BLUECTA title=”Addiction is not a choice!”]866-205-3108[/BLUECTA]
MDMA Addiction Statistics
Find five MDMA addiction statistics below:
• In 2012, the National Survey on Drug Use and Health reported that over two and a half million people had used MDMA that year.
• Also in 2012, the National Survey on Drug Use and Health reported that approximately 800,000 people abused MDMA for the first time. This number is down from a 2002 estimate of 1.2 million first time MDMA users.
• In a four-year period, between 1994 and 1998, there were only twenty-seven deaths attributed to MDMA overdose.
• Despite these hopeful numbers, a recent University of Michigan survey reported that over 10% of high school seniors have abused MDMA at least once.
• In 2006, MDMA addiction sent upwards of 16,000 people to the ER.
What Do These MDMA Addiction Facts and Statistics Mean For You?
The above facts about MDMA addiction show the truth behind this drug. Yes, it’s dangerous, there’s no denying that, but is MDMA the killer the media portrays it to be?
These facts about MDMA addiction show that it can kill users, but not in the large numbers reported on the news. In fact, from 1994 to 1998, MDMA killed far less people than legal prescription drugs!
Yes, MDMA addiction is a problem and MDMA addicts certainly need treatment. Is MDMA abuse an exploding drug trend though? These statistic and facts about MDMA addiction prove it’s not.
Are you or a loved one struggling with MDMA abuse? For more information about our addiction programs, contact Lighthouse Recovery Institute and learn why we’re the premier gender-specific treatment center in Delray Beach.
Call 1-844-I-CAN-CHANGE or 1-(561)-381-0015 to speak to one of our experienced and compassionate outreach and admission coordinators today.
Let us help you or your loved one live a free life. Let us help you or your loved one recover.
Lighthouse Recovery Institute: Guiding You to a Brighter Tomorrow