3 Essential Components Of Great Drug Rehab Facilities

3 Essential Components Of Great Drug Rehab Facilities

All Great Drug Rehab Facilities Will Have These 3 Areas Of Practice

3. Dual Diagnosis Addiction Treatment

The Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA) defines dual diagnosis as the term used when a person has a mood disorder such as depression or bipolar disorder (also known as manic depression) and a problem with alcohol or drugs. Back in the early 1990’s people who suffered from depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder and other mental health disorders were treated separately for their co-occurring substance abuse issues. At the time drug rehab facilities were only treating the presenting issues of alcoholism and or drug addiction. It was common practice for patients to be denied help for mental disorders until they attended one of many drug rehab facilities. The problem with this is that substance abuse is often exacerbated by an underlying mental disorder, so patients at an opiate rehab or in drug rehab facilities never got the help they needed. Today the most successful drug rehab facilities offer a blend of mental health and substance abuse treatment. If the drug rehab facilities you are looking at attending do not offer dual diagnosis, do not go there even if you think you don’t have a co-occurring disorder.

Opiate Addiction Rehab Must Involve The Whole Family

3-essential-components-of-great-drug-rehab-facilities-03

2. A Family program

The patient is the family and the family is the patient. One of the best drug rehab facilities in the country uses this phrase over and over and they are right. The family of the person entering opiate addiction rehab is many times just as sick as the patient. Drug rehab facilities that treat only the person with the presenting substance abuse issue will be setting that person up for failure if the family does not get help as well. Drug rehab facilities must educate the family on the role they will play in their loved ones recovery. It is also essential that these drug rehab facilities meet with the family to discover if there are any other family members that may be suffering from substance abuse. Drug rehab facilities know that once the family member leaves treatment, they are a far different person from the one who walked in. If the family is not prepared, both could end up back where they started.

[BLUECTA title=”Addiction is not a choice!”]866-205-3108[/BLUECTA]

Drug Rehabs Should Not Mix Genders

1. Gender Specific Addiction Treatment

Gender specific treatment is practiced in drug rehab facilities for many important reasons, the most important of which is that it decreases distractions. Patients in early recovery often look for the next best thing to make themselves feel better. This is in most cases a relationship or a sexual encounter with a person of the opposite sex. Patients in an opiate addiction rehab could spend upwards of 90% of their time in treatment focusing on a person or persons that they find sexually attractive. That leaves only 10% of their time devoted towards real recovery. Drug rehab facilities offering gender specific treatment tend to have greater success and fewer complications. The benefits of gender specific treatment are described in detail by a women who chose to send herself to a women’s rehab in the article “No Boys Allowed” featured on the website sobrietyforwomen.com.

3-essential-components-of-great-drug-rehab-facilities-02

There are many other components of drug rehab facilities and opiate addiction rehabs that are essential to long-term recovery, but the above three are the most important when searching for the right place to start the journey of recovery.

External Link

Related Blog Posts

We are here to support you during your time of need and help you make the best decision for yourself or your loved one. Click below to speak to a member of our staff directly.

Menu