Chronic alcohol and drug addiction is a life-threatening condition that affects over 53 million people in the United States alone. Most people struggling with substance abuse can find treatment by seeking help from recovery centers in Florida. Here’s our guide to help you understand what to look for and how to find the best treatment plan for your needs.
Learning More about Addiction Programs
The first step into finding help for a substance abuse problem is to learn more about the different programs available. From detox programs to traditional inpatient treatment options and outpatient programs, choosing the best treatment services for your needs is paramount to ensure long-term sobriety and recovery.
- Substance Abuse Detox – Drug and alcohol addiction withdrawal symptoms can be hazardous and possibly fatal when done without proper medical supervision.
- Inpatient Programs – Also known as traditional drug and alcohol abuse rehab treatment that requires patients to check into a facility for some time.
- Outpatient Treatment Programs – These programs offer more flexibility, allowing patients to enter and leave the rehab facility throughout treatment.
- Dual Diagnosis – In most cases, people struggling with substance abuse problems also experience mental health issues and dual diagnosis help them receive treatment for both.
- Medical Assisted Treatment – It’s prevalent for treatment centers to turn to specific medications to ease withdrawal symptoms. With medically assisted treatments, addicts can do so in a safe environment.
Beyond these traditional addiction programs, some recovery centers in Florida offer intensive outpatient programs for struggling with mild to severe addictions. Other addiction treatment programs include family recovery and long-term recovery plans to ensure that recovering addicts continue to invest in coping skills to manage their addiction.
Benefits of Recovery Centers in Florida
For decades, Florida has earned a reputation for being a leading destination for addiction treatment. To some, the beautiful year-round weather is enough to make the decision. However, recovery centers in Florida can offer more than breathtaking beaches and warm days.
The Importance of a Change of Environment
It’s well-known and recommended by experts that a change of scenery and environment can benefit those in substance abuse recovery. Generally, leaving everything that was a trigger, an abusive situation, or any bad influences behind can offer people in recovery a fresh start. As a result, many people decide to travel for rehab, and Florida can be a comforting place to be.
History of Excellence
While Florida was, without a doubt, a notable state struggling with the drug addiction epidemic, it’s also one of the best in the country for treatment. For decades, millions of people flock to Florida for substance abuse treatment. Additionally, many of the top therapists and addiction specialists call Florida their home. The track history for many of the treatment centers in the state is undeniable.
Supportive Recovery Communities
Unlike other states, Floridians are open and supportive of recovery communities. Florida has many of the nation’s most significant laws to support addiction recovery. These laws are there to protect and help recovering addicts.
Not to mention, most residents are familiar with half-way houses and Florida rehabs communities. In Florida, there’s no need to hide your past or struggles; everyone in the state will extend a helping hand to help you succeed in your recovery journey.
Facts to Know about Recovery Centers in Florida
Florida is a well-known destination for seeking addiction treatment in the US. Beyond the warm weather, sunny days, and endless beach shores, there’s a lot about recovery centers in Florida to know.
- Almost 30,000 individuals chose Florida to seek addiction treatment in 2015.
- There are approximately 668 rehab facilities across the state—most of them near Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, and Tampa.
- Around 70% of addiction facilities take various forms of insurance as payment.
- Almost 40% of rehab centers in Florida accept Medicaid.
- For those traveling for rehab, about 40% of treatment facilities offer transportation assistance.
What to Expect in a Florida Rehab Facility
If you’re planning to visit during the spring and summer months, expect long sunny days with warm weather. Close to summer, Florida receives plenty of ruin, especially with heavy hurricane seasons. By fall and winter, Florida weather is warmer than in most other states. Get ready for cool breezes and beautiful sunny skies.
Check with your treatment facility to know if they allow electronic devices, cigarettes, and other items. Some facilities offer free WiFi for patients and will enable the use of electronic devices under supervision.
Beyond packing lightly and comfortably, you also have to:
- Make childcare and pet care arrangements.
- Try to secure time from work or school.
- Set up payments for your home and other bills.
- Let at least one person know you’ll be checking into a rehab facility in Florida.
Find Your Recovery Center in Florida
With so many options to choose from, it can be challenging to make a decision. You must find a location that offers personalized treatment and also has a dedicated team that provides 1:1 consultations. These two elements are vital for ensuring long-term recovery.
At Lighthouse Recovery Institute, our treatment center is in the heart of Boynton Beach, a beautiful South Florida suburb close to breathtaking beaches and supportive communities. Our commitment is to help you find the best treatment option to battle your addiction. Through unique and comprehensive, personalized treatment plans, our addiction therapists sit in 1:1 settings to cater to your individual needs.
We believe that addiction treatment isn’t a one-size-fits-all ordeal. Instead, we promote individualized programs that continuously evolve as you walk the path towards sobriety. If you or a loved one is struggling with drug abuse or alcohol dependence, contact us today and speak with our admission specialists. We’ll go over your needs, find the best financial plans for you, verify your insurance information, and get you on the path of long-term recovery.
Plus, you’ll get to experience living in beautiful South Florida while you heal from addiction.